Guest Posting on the Starter Academy
From time to time, we get inquiries regarding guest blogging here on the Starter Academy Blog. We figure it’s about time we did a post on this topic, because we certainly love a great guest post! Besides, it’s always nice to get a fresh voice and perspective.
If you’re interested in submitting a guest post here on the Starter Academy, please read on and we’ll let you know what we are looking for and how the process works.
Why Guest Blog?
I’m sure most of you understand the value of guest blogging. To boil it down, the one main reason why you should partake in guest blogging is: it’s a great opportunity to give back to the start-up and online business community by sharing valuable information with others. And as we all know, giving is receiving.
Here are some other excellent reasons:
- Get your ideas in front of thousands of readers
- Get your company known
- And of course, the good old link to your website
Topics We Cover
Listen up! – This section is quite important.
A lot of people will make assumptions as to what would make a good guest post for our blog. However, we’re quite specific as to what content we’ll publish. Here is a list of topics we cover (please browse the blog here to see what we already offer):
- Blog Startup
- WordPress Plugins and Themes
- “How to” Tutorials for Starting and Growing a Business Online
- Social Media Marketing
- Blog Marketing
If you think you have a great topic that will benefit the Starter Academy audience and it doesn’t fall into one of the above categories, feel free to send it anyway.
We are looking for posts that teach and give value to our readers. We would like to avoid posts on topics that have been covered many times over. We are not looking for rehashed posts from other blogs. Here is the ultimate guideline:
“A Starter Academy post should make our readers want to stop what they are doing, print out the article and spend the day applying what they have learned to their website or business”. To put it succinctly: Your post should be inspiring!
Guest posting rules:
1. You can’t advertise your product, business or service within your guest post. This means do not mention your company, or link to it, or link to your company’s blog within the guest post. The point of guest posting is to show that you are a thought leader. Your only goal should be to educate our readers on a topic that helps them out.
2. You may not link to any of your online properties within the main body of your guest post. Our readers WILL pick this up as a subliminal advertisement and simply not like your post. They won’t share it.
3. You may include a bio/signature section at the end of your post with links back to your site or related content and/ or social media profiles.
4. Do not include screenshots that brand your own product or online properties. This is to avoid any sense of promotion.
How To Submit A Guest Post
You don’t have to write your guest post in its entirety before you submit it to us. Just start by filling out the form below: